Glow in the Dark Plants
With the discovery of synthetic biology scientists have been presented with a host of possibilities to synthesize new life forms. A group of scientists have begun crowdfunding to develop and release an unregulated synthetic biology project.
Hoping to give new meaning to the term “natural light,” a small group of biotechnology hobbyists and entrepreneurs has started a project to develop plants that glow, potentially leading the way for trees that can replace electric street lamps and potted flowers luminous enough to read by.
… What could possibly go wrong?
Read the complete article here14 notes · #enviornment #culture #nature #ecology #synthetic biology #biology #science #research #biosystem #synbio #plants #thesocialsciences #Environment
- globecope reblogged this from thesocialsciences
- globecope likes this
- askmeaboutmycurry likes this
- nessalk reblogged this from dorksidefiker
- sabinmoon reblogged this from dorksidefiker and added:
- melancthe likes this
- dorksidefiker reblogged this from easterelf
- firenationsoldier likes this
- dorksidefiker likes this
- pepperskyh likes this
- easterelf reblogged this from thesocialsciences
- xxtemple-of-starsxx reblogged this from thesocialsciences and added:
- easterelf likes this