The evolutionary reasons of why we love to get high
Marijuana affects us and allows to get a high because it easily connects to our cannabinoid receptors. The name cannabinoid receptors stemming from when the receptors were first discovered in 1988. The THC molecule from cannabis seemed to fit into the receptor perfectly.
We all have cannabinoid receptors, in fact all mammals, and all animals have these receptors (except for insects).
This receptor seems to have first have appeared ~600 million years ago in one of our closest invertebrate relative, the sea squirt (who shares 80% of our genes).
The conclusion that you may draw from this fact and from the fact that all animal life on earth came from one little creature called a Comb Jelly is that the only place the Comb Jelly could have come from was the plant kingdom because plants came first and then animal life came because it could be sustained by eating the plants.
What this means is that the cannabinoid receptor evolved in the Sea Squirt in parallel with the evolution of the Cannabis plant. The proof of this co-evolution of man and Cannabis is in the unusual and unique similarities between Cannabis and Man. Both species have unique male and female separation – Male and female plants – male and female humans.
Read more here11 notes · #evolution #cannabinoids #cannabis #Marijuana #high #science #Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol #pot #sea squirt #natural selection #health #drugs #thesocialsciences
- agentiz likes this
- bramble-thomas likes this
- windupthewind reblogged this from thesocialsciences and added:
- windupthewind likes this
- greenpinknpurp likes this
- kalaisdead reblogged this from wesmokinthereefer
- wesmokinthereefer reblogged this from ilovefatblunts
- icantfindanylegiturlgoddamnit likes this
- ilovefatblunts reblogged this from thesocialsciences
- ilovefatblunts likes this
- katrina-lovvve reblogged this from thesocialsciences